Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Haircuts and Baths

Three of my guinea-pigs are PeruvianXAbyssinian crosses, now fortunately this fur type doesn't need a lot of maintinence. But, unfortunately, it does keep growing and growing. Abyssinians are lucky enough to have beautiful non-growing hair full of rosettes and Peruvians hair is long and grows evenly down their sides. Now, because my guinea-pigs are a cross their hair has rosettes and keeps growing, therefore, it grows in all directions! This means that every now and again they need a trim, otherwise their hair gets matted and that can't be comfortable, surely!

Now Dusty, the oldest of my boars, is a very placid character. He is quite happy to sit still and munch on his carrot without a due care in the world while I trim his hair. However, I still managed to make a right hash of it but, he doesn't seem to mind! He is certainly a lot happier when his hair his shorter! Whizz, Dusty's brother, is the complete opposite. He is a right mischeif maker and he wouldn't sit still for a minute. I don't know if he wants to cause trouble I think its mainly just down to his wimpiness, he jumped every time I brought the scissors near his hair. Even though we must have trimmed him at least 50 odd times in his life!

                                       

Here's another picture of my two boys, together, looking a lot less hairy!

Now my other PeruvianXAbyssinian cross is Dusty and Whizz's mother, Mop. She's also quite easy to do but she is a mixture of both her boys, she'll be still for a while then all of a sudden she will start to shake her head and move around, annoying but I love her!

                                   

So, after giving my three PXA crosses their haircuts it was time for Billy's bath. Billy finished his medication the other day but a lot of it went all over his chin during his time of taking them. So he needed a wash as he was all horrible and sticky, especially from the banana medicine!

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment